I am delighted to announce the news that on March 16, 2017, The Birdman’s Wife was long-listed for the Australian Book Industry Awards under the General Fiction Category.
“For 17 years, the ABIAs have been celebrating Australian stories and the astounding talent in the Australian publishing industry.
The shortlist will be revealed on April 9, with the winners announced during the ABIA gala event on May 25, hosted by multiple ABIA-winning writer and performer, Magda Szubanski at the Art Gallery of NSW.”
General Fiction Book of the Year
- All These Perfect Strangers, Aoife Clifford (Simon & Schuster Australia)
- The Birdman’s Wife, Melissa Ashley (Affirm Press)
- The Chocolate Tin, Fiona McIntosh (Michael Joseph, Penguin Random House)
- The Dry, Jane Harper (Macmillan Australia, Pan Macmillan Australia)
- The Four Legendary Kingdoms, Matthew Reilly (Macmillan Australia, Pan Macmillan Australia)
- The One Who Got Away, Caroline Overington (HarperCollins, HarperCollins Publishers)
- The Rules of Backyard Cricket, Jock Serong (Text Publishing, Text Publishing)
- Truly Madly Guilty, Liane Moriarty (Macmillan Australia, Pan Macmillan Australia
To view long-listed titles in other categories go to: